Sunday 15 January 2012

The Big Rescue

Today, we rescued no less than 18 rabbits from a rabbit & guinea pig rescue who are having to move premises in 2 weeks and are unable to take all of their stock.

Obviously it has been a logistical nightmare and it has been a busy day today! I have a headache :o(

There are 5 bucks and 13 does. All have been grouped or paired up and in due course, I will try to get plenty of photos up. Healthwise, they need a little TLC and a nail trim but only one is of immediate concern and that is a little mini lop doe whose health I am not happy with so have segregated her until I can monitor her a bit longer.

With the best will in the world, I would have to devote an entire BLOG to the rabbits to post about each individual, but will certainly add posts about any particular characters worthy of note :o)

Certainly feeling under the weather :o(

I am taken with a particular Lionhead female, photo does not do her justice but she is lovely. Also a particularly nice sealpoint Lionhead seen below with an existing Opal doe we already had in quarantine.
I do have a bit of a soft spot for Lionheads seeing as they were our first love :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment