Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Big Rescue II

That is IT, definitely no more room for rescue bunnies! At the weekend we took an extra 10 rabbits from somebody who was no longer allowed to keep them due to them renting their property and they were not allowed so many under their tenancy agreement.

I decided that the best thing for the rabbits would be to remove the males from the equation and have a batchelor(ess) group of females. So Betty's tribe has increased to 11 in total, all female. I didn't feel any more could comfortably fit in the 10 x 7' so the remainder are in temporary pens until I can finish building individual enclosures in my spare rooftop aviary. Best place for them as it is foxproof.

So, in total, we now have 35 rabbits! Quite a lot, but I must say that I am enjoying it immensely as I adore rabbits and find them very interesting.

I think this BLOG is all rabbited out but I will add some footage of the entire bunch once they are all housed in the new pens. They are dotted around all over the place at the moment!
Will also post about litters born of course. I have a couple of breeding does who are expecting, so watch this space :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment