Thursday 9 February 2012

Puppy Update

Getting on great with little Fly! Lucian had me take him into school on Monday and he spent 15 minutes being fussed by the kids & staff who all adored him. I have been carrying him to school although this morning left him for the first time and he did great. May take him with me to collect Lucian this afternoon.

First injections booked for 10am next Wednesday when Lucian is off on half term so he can come and hold his puppy's paw :o)

We think Fly will be a fast learner and already understands how to sit and 'on your bed' but doesn't really do anything consistently yet. He is great in the night and hishouse training is going pretty good although he does have accidents, he also goes outside regularly.

He has met the other animals and at first was great with the chickens and rabbits but then got too big for his boots and started to chase instead of just sniffing at them. That is a little too much interest for my liking and I want to teach him to take no interest in other animals. I have put a small cage where the chickens and rabbits free roam so he can sit in there and watch them without touching. He is already crate trained so if I do ever have to leave him for short periods I know he can wait safely in a crate/cage. Also, he can travel in the boot of the car in a crate too.

Fly is a great little pup and we are all dying to see how he matures.

Will get more pics/vids soon but seriously, it is like having a new baby and I feel frazzled!!!
It is not even the extra care involved, it is the thing that all mothers will know all too well, as soon as you have a new baby, part of your brain is constantly used up with subconciously wondering where they are and what they are up to and if they are safe.
So once I adjust to having two 'children' , I'm sure all will fall back into place and my universe will re-align.

No comments:

Post a Comment