Wednesday 15 February 2012

Fly's First Vet Visit

Fly went for his puppy injections this morning and was an absolute diamond! He lay on the vet table and did not move for the duration of the visit.

He weighs over 5kg and the vet thinks he will look like a collie, not a german shepherd which most people think he will. She was pleased with his health and gave lots of advice, all of which we already are doing but it was nice to have the vet confirm we are raising him correctly.

One REAL bugbear of mine though - is how all vets try to flog you stuff. I know they are running a business but bloody hell - I only went with £24 in my pocket which was what I was quoted for the injection. However she tried to give me a wormer tablet which lets face it, I would have paid for the whole box not just the tablet, kennel cough jab which he simply does not need, puppy classes (ok might take those), microchip (already covered), insurance - I can arrange my own blinkin insurance and a partridge in a pear tree.

She had not met me before LOL Otherwise she would not have wasted her time.
So £24 precisely and off we went, puppy inoculated and appointment booked for 2 weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment